Our commitment to the members
Accountability is an important Scriptural principle and is practiced in many ways at Samaritan Ministries.
- Members agree to abide by a Statement of Faith, and ask their pastors for accountability on annual continuation forms.
- Checklists are completed by members and verified by Samaritan Ministries' staff to make sure shares are received each month.
- A majority of the Board of Directors, which oversees the administrative staff and operations of the ministry, are elected by the members. None of the elected Board members receive financial compensation for their service as Board members (except for reimbursement of expenses incurred when attending meetings).
- The ministry is committed to direct sharing, from household to household. Share money is not pooled, managed, or invested. It is sent directly from one member to another.
- Any increase in the share amount must be approved by a vote of the membership.
- Samaritan Ministries has an annual independent audit available upon request.
- Samaritan Ministries files a federal form 990 annually, and it is available to the public here. Samaritan Ministries also has an annual report available upon request.
We are a member of the Better Business Bureau. Samaritan Ministries has also consistently been one of the highest-rated Christian workplaces, according to the Best Christian Workplace survey.