Health care sharing simplified.

Manage every element of sharing — from bill submission, to sending your share, to connecting with other members — all through the Samaritan Given app.

Select a sharing level that is right for you.

Given 10

$1,000 Annual Unshareable Amount per household

10% co-share

After the Annual Unshareable Amount, member pays 10% of each eligible bill up to an annual maximum of $2,500. After that eligible bills, excluding prescriptions and therapy, may be shared without any co-share.

Maximum yearly amount of eligible bills not shareable is $3,500, excluding prescriptions and therapy.

Given 15

$2,000 Annual Unshareable Amount per household

15% co-share

After the Annual Unshareable Amount, member pays 15% of each eligible bill up to an annual maximum of $3,750.  After that eligible bills, excluding prescriptions and therapy, may be shared without any co-share.

Maximum yearly amount of eligible bills not shareable is $5,750, excluding prescriptions and therapy.

Given 20

$5,000 Annual Unshareable Amount per household

20% co-share

After the Annual Unshareable Amount, member pays 20% of each eligible bill up to an annual maximum of $5,000.  After that eligible bills, excluding prescriptions and therapy, may be shared without any co-share.

Maximum yearly amount of eligible bills not shareable is $10,000, excluding prescriptions and therapy.

You might be wondering about...

Shareable Bills

Samaritan Given members share for medical expenses that begin during membership and are symptom related. Sharing begins once your eligible medical expenses have exceeded your annual unshareable amount (AUA). After that, you pay a co-share percentage on each bill until reaching the maximum co-share amount. The co-share and annual unshareable amounts are determined by the program settings you choose. For more about what medical expenses are shared see Section VI of our Guidelines.

Pre-Existing Conditions

Medical conditions that exist prior to membership are generally not eligible for sharing. Samaritan Given shares new qualifying bills for conditions that have been treatment-free for at least 24 consecutive months while an active member. See Section VII of our Guidelines for more details.

Routine Care

Routine care (dental, vision, yearly wellness checks, colonoscopies, etc.) is generally not shared by Samaritan members. If a shareable condition is discovered because of a routine visit, those related medical expenses can be shared. See Section VI of the Guidelines for more information.

Maternity Care

Samaritan Given shares maternity care expenses for Two-person or family memberships that begin at least 260 days prior to the physician-calculated due date. Medical bills are subject to the AUA and co-share up to the annual maximum amount. Maternity care sharing includes bills for prenatal care, delivery, one well-visit for mother and baby, miscarriage, congenital conditions, doulas, midwives, doctors, nurse practitioners, and other licensed medical professionals. See Section VIII of the Guidelines for more information.

Prescription Care

Each prescription has an $20 initial unshareable amount (IUA) and a co-share of 40%; the remaining 60% is shared. The member pays the entirety of the prescription bill at time of pick up and is reimbursed by paper check. Samaritan Given members must present their Given membership card to the pharmacy to be eligible for sharing.

Prescription costs are not subject to the annual unshareable amount and do not contribute to the maximum co-share, except when incurred as an inpatient charge. See Section VI of the Guidelines for more information.

Catastrophic Needs

There is no maximum dollar amount for what can be shared in Samaritan Given. Eligible bills for catastrophic needs are shared in accordance with the guidelines.

Features of Samaritan Given

An easy-to-use membership card

Providers will use the card to send bills directly to Samaritan Ministries so we can review and reprice them for you.

A Samaritan digital app

Connect with members and experience a streamlined sharing process online or with the iOS/Android mobile app.

Looking for a program with a 0% co-share?

I am encouraged by the way our medical bills are being shared and paid, and the connections we are making. It’s also easy to share with other members. I get a notification on my app, send my share, say a prayer and send a note of encouragement.  

Jared & Mackenzie, members since 2014