Know these things about chronic illness
By Andie Dill · Oct 06, 2021
Samaritan Ministries member Amy, who has suffered for decades from the Epstein-Barr virus, wants those who haven’t experienced chronic illness to know the following:
- Even if the illness is hard to explain, it is real.
- Even if you have not heard of the illness, it is legitimate.
- Even if there is not a treatment or a cure for the illness, the ill person is most likely pursuing treatment to get better.
- The ill person may never be healed, so try to refrain from asking, “Do you feel better now?”
- The illness may make it difficult for the ill person to be social, but try to maintain a relationship with the ill person.
- If you don’t know what to say to bring comfort, be open and willing to listen, even if for five minutes.