Samaritan Ministries International (SMI) takes your privacy very seriously. Please read our policy so you are aware of how we may use your information and how we will not use your information.
Our Privacy Principles
- We do not sell member information.
- We do not allow those who are doing business on our behalf to use our member information solely for their own marketing purposes.
- We do allow some entities that are willing to promote discounted services to members the ability to provide these services to our members, but only upon agreement that our members information will be protected.
- We contractually require any person or organization providing products or services on our behalf to protect Samaritan member’s information.
Information we collect
We collect information in order to better serve our members. Sometimes the information we collect includes simple things like what browser you are using. Sometimes the information we collect can also include sensitive or private information, such as medical bills and other health information. We will try and explain what we collect and why, and also what we use the information for.
We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us. This includes uploading images of bills, entering in personal information on an application or simply requesting more info. This type of information is always given to us voluntarily, and many times the purpose is to provide a service to you.
- Information such as your name, address, date of birth, email etc. may be collected and used to send you additional information about Samaritan or as part of your membership information. It is the goal of Samaritan to only collect data necessary to conduct the needs of the ministry and any agreed upon service in a way that is simple and secure.
- When a Need is published to the membership, the name, address, prayer request and short description of the Need are included in a share slip sent to a certain number of members based on need size. This allows the membership to share directly with one another.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about what you use on our site and how you use it. This information helps us to provide a higher level of service and give us insight on how best to improve. The information we collect includes:
- Device information
We may collect information about what hardware you are using. This may include whether or not you are using a mobile phone or a computer browser. Depending on the device used, information may include device number, browser version, operating system, etc.
- Log information
When you use our services or view content provided by Samaritan Ministries, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- Search queries or other fields you fill in
- Internet Protocol Addresses (or IP addresses)
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Location information
There are many methods to track location information. One method we utilize is IP address tracking which gives us the state and city you are connecting from. This helps us determine utilization and track issues and insure we are providing a high level of service to our members and guests.
- Local storage
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches. This may be done to increase speed or security.
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers
- Other Information
Some information is automatically recorded through tools such as Google Analytics. Samaritan does not always have direct control over what info is collected by Google Analytics, however where possible all information collected by Google Analytics or otherwise is protected in accordance with this policy.
- Device information
Donation Information Specifics
- Samaritan Ministries offers convenient ways for friends of the ministry to donate online. Some information is collected from donors during the process to ensure proper receipt and tracking. This includes: Name, Address, Phone, Email, and Credit Card information, etc.
- While this information is not typically shared outside the organization, please let us know if you specifically want any donation-related information restricted from outside parties. You may also contact us to review any personal information (if any) that we currently have on record.
- Samaritan takes security of your information very seriously and has several methods for protecting information we collect. Some of these include: physical and logical access controls, firewalls and intrusion protection systems, file monitoring and backup, etc.
- For any concerns, questions, or to inquire about, review, or change your information or to inform us you do not want your information shared outside of SMI membership, please contact us at Support@Samaritanministries.org
Why do we collect this information?
We utilize the information we collect to provide insight into how you use, and how best to improve, the services we offer. The data is often given directly to our developers so they can utilize the information in future updates. Our business teams also utilize the data in order to make projections, and in general be a good steward of our members’ information.
Information you provide to us may be used in processing your Needs or Shares. This information can include information that would be considered Personally Identifiable Information (PII)* or Protected Health Information (PHI)**. Samaritan takes our members data very seriously and is dedicated to being good stewards of information obtained or provided. Samaritan also seeks to go beyond required controls where possible to produce the safest system possible.
Information we collect or that you give us is sometimes shared with approved partners that provide a verified value to our members. We have strict agreements in place to protect any use of your data. If you believe our partners are not honoring this policy or your privacy, let us know!
SMI will work diligently to properly steward the use of your information and will take reasonable steps to prevent any disclosure to a 3rd party other than those parties that Samaritan has a formal agreement with or you specifically authorize. We only share information that enables us to better provide service to you. Our intent is to provide world class health care sharing and related services and at the same time protect your information and trust.
Our goal is to provide a transparent method of communication with visitors and members. If you have any questions about the information we collect or how we use it, please contact us at email@example.com
Samaritan Security Team
*Personally Identifiable Information (PII) – Can refer to information such as name, address, date of birth, email, etc.
**Protected Health Information (PHI) – Can refer to information such medical bills, treatment history, needs, etc.
Please contact Support@Samaritanministries.org for more information.