The August 2014 Samaritan Ministries Christian Health Care Newsletter includes these features:
- What’s the separation of church and state coming to mean in our country, especially in light of the recent U.S. Supreme Court’s recent Hobby Lobby decision? We reprinted a blog entry by Jennifer Roback Morse.
- Rob Slane asks who we want watching over us: the government or Jesus?
- Robert and Kay Camenisch, profiled in this month’s Member Spotlight, talk about Kay’s eight-week Bible study Uprooting Anger: Destroying the Monster Within. The Camenisches also explain why they stay with Samaritan Ministries.
- Fecal transplant isn’t pleasant to talk about, but it’s a vital weapon against C. diff and other intestinal ailments. One woman is trying to make it more widely available, despite recent Food and Drug Administration actions.
- Sooner or later, all of us will die. We reprinted a classic teaching by J.C. Ryle called “Christ in the Sick Room.”
- Is antibacterial soap really necessary? Short answer: No.
- The Doorpost encourages us that Jesus bears our burdens.