This month we cover contentment, conversion, and hormonal medicine.
- Two Outhouses: In this month’s cover article, WORLD Magazine founder Joel Belz points out the foundational problem with laws that make sex-specific restrooms illegal.
- Training in thankfulness: Rob Slane says there is a connection between helping our children learn to be thankful eaters and developing contentment in all areas of their lives. Also, Samaritan member Lindsey Tollefson asks what Biblical contentment is.
- Member Spotlight: This month’s Member Spotlight features Kabeer and Eileen Gbaja-Biamila. Kabeer is a former Muslim and retired NFL player who is now a Christian financial advisor. The Gbaja-Biamilas also explain why they joined Samaritan: They didn’t want to support abortion.
- The Miracle of Natural Hormones by Dr. David Brownstein is reviewed by David Lehnert. Brownstein says that hormone problems can be an underlying cause of major diseases like heart disease, diabetes, chronic fatigue, depression, headaches, and autoimmune disorders. He also explains why it is important to use natural hormones, not synthetic, and why it is important to find a doctor who will correctly dose and adjust the hormones.
- Member movie: Samaritan members Jonathan and Monique Einwechter suffered every parent’s nightmare on February 24, 2014, when two of their young children died in an accident. In their grief they felt called to give glory to God by telling the stories of Elise, 3, and Enoch, 6 weeks, on film. Visit ThroughDeepWaters.com to view the trailer.
- The Doorpost: Editor Ray King explains why we need to walk in the light and stay out of the dark.