To God be the glory. It was so comforting to know so many people have been praying for my recovery.
Thank you so much for the encouraging words and cards. It is great to know so many Christians care.
Thank you in Christian love,
God was faithful in countless ways throughout my entire pregnancy and the birth of Silas, our seventh child. What a huge blessing Samaritan Ministries has been. It was a joy to open each share and read the encouraging words and prayers from the members.
We have also been equally blessed to send our shares to other brothers and sisters in Christ who have had a medical need. This ministry helps to make the family of God a bit smaller—closer. We love praying for other’s needs and reading about their answered prayers as well.
Thank you for this ministry!
Well. In the beginning I really didn’t know if this program was all that it said it would be. Then, when I got sick and saw my bills, I quickly called SMI to have my need started. The service was so great and reassuring. I felt my worries of the program were unwarranted. When the checks came in the mail, I thanked God for where He had led me and for continually providing for my needs. Now, when I give my share each month, it’s even more meaningful. It does my soul good, knowing that we brothers and sisters in Christ are providing for one another in a time of need.
Christmas, pro-life churches and the intolerance of “tolerance” lead the December 2014 Samaritan Ministries Christian Health Care Newsletter.
- Samaritan member Douglas Wilson urges Christians to “Go overboard celebrating Christmas” in an adapted excerpt from his book God Rest Ye Merry.
- Worldview writer Rob Slane makes the case that “Tolerance inescapably leads to intolerance.”
- Jim and Elizabeth McGarvey’s ministry The Church for Life is the focus of our Member Spotlight by Marcia Krahn. The McGarveys also explain why they joined Samaritan and Jim gives five truths to help us stand against the schemes of the devil in the pro-life battle.
- Michael Miller reviews the new film on health care, Wait Till It’s Free, made by Samaritan member Colin Gunn.
- Jed Stuber says that kids love the audio stories on The Familyman’s Christmas Treasury by SMI member Todd Wilson.
- The Doorpost reminds Christians to celebrate Christmas joyously!