The September 2014 Samaritan Ministries Christian Health Care Newsletter takes you from Hawaii to Ukraine, around the world and into the heart of man.
- “This Is What Happened to Me: How God saved two pagan scientists in Hawaii” is a first-person account by member Marc Hodges of how he and his wife, Aly, both of them biologists, left behind their ungodly ways and entered the Kingdom of God. The Hodges also lead the tour ministry Hawaiian Creation Adventures.
- Rob Slane explores the failure of the media and politicians to wait on the truth following Malaysian Airlines MH17 crash, and how that habit threatens true freedom.
- This month’s Member Spotlight features Wayne and Susan Vanderwier, who lead Overseas Instruction in Counseling, a mission aimed at enabling the Body of Christ to set up Biblical counseling certification organizations around the world. Wayne also tells why the Vanderwiers joined Samaritan Ministries.
- Some wags blame the health care crisis on the free market. That had nothing to do with it, Stewart Donovan shows in this adapted excerpt from his book Flatline: How Government Ruined American Health Care and the Free Market Can Fix It.
- The War Within, a film featuring Samaritan member Brett Varvel, dramatizes the inner turmoil and reminds us that we should be more gracious with one another, Jed Stuber says in his report.
- Ray King shares his thoughts on Matthew 5:16 in this month’s Doorpost.